Things have been ticking along here, as usual. I'm glad we haven't had any dramas. I have enjoyed visits to see the girls over the holidays. Look at the beautiful grass in the new paddock:
Today I went out for a visit too. Aria had a bit of a stressful time with the farrier during the week, and hasn't been keen on people since. I was pleased because she was happy to see me. The mark on her face is from a halter she was wearing for a few days. Her fur is all rumpled.
Johnny repaired the roof on my greenhouse. The plastic unfortunately perished on the roof, so he did a beautiful job replacing it with corrugated plastic. I'm going to try to grow some greens for winter salads in there.
I tried to use an invisible thread to quilt on the top over the areas that are not red. I didn't want any colour from the top quilting thread showing through onto the red back. My machine tends to have quite a lot of the top thread showing through, and I just can't seem to figure out the tension issues. The mono-filament thread I used is like incredibly fine fishing line and the quilt shop had one single roll. Hmm- perhaps a sign that the stuff is an absolute b----h to use. It kept snapping after short lengths of stitching. I have decided to abort the quilting mission on those areas and get the binding on. The Crafty Neighbour has a thicker invisible thread that I can try from her own aborted mission. I think invisible thread is something for expert quilters to battle with.
I'm in a real craft groove at the moment. Awesome.