Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cat in a Bag

Mr Mouse is a nosy little man. He decided to help me with some jobs and discovered that there was a lovely empty bag waiting just for him. 
 It is very cosy in a bag.
 And it even helps to hold a wayward tail in place for a wash.
 Today we got very busy on my new raised beds. We needed a final rich, four year old horse poo layer to give my vegetables a delicious nest to grow in. I threw in some pea straw too, for good luck. This photo is a bit of a shambles, but you can see how  things are shaping up.
 It won't be long before I can harvest things from these gardens, but meanwhile I am enjoying the divine blooms opening in lavish fashion in the back yard.

Grace  is rather late this year, as she is usually one of the first roses to appear. She has grown very tall, so I'll need to do a good trim at the end of the flowering season.
 This is Cornelia (or possibly Felicia), with Gertrude Jekyll  in the background. Stunning.
 And Penelope is always so pretty.
 The foxgloves are keeping the bumblebees busy.
 I have this climbing Cecile Brunner which is rather small currently, as I haven't had it long. I'll have to make sure it doesn't get ideas above its station.
 This is Perle D'or I think. I brought it from my old garden, and it is finally deciding that it likes it here. I love the soft apricot colour.
I can't believe the weekend is almost over. I have made a big pot of minestrone soup for tea. We have a holiday next Friday around here, so I'm already looking forward to that. At least I managed to see Zanny twice this weekend, because I headed up the paddock after our poo hunting mission, and handed out some apple to a very happy pregnant lady. Frazer wasn't impressed and spat it out, then harassed me all the way back down the paddock until I had to growl at him for nipping at me. He wanted carrot - none of that apple crap for him.

Mmm soup time.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Mr Mouse is certainly a gorgeous boy now..very handsome.

The garden looks magnificent and I am very jealous of your new raised beds.

Have a great short week.

Love you guys,
Meg xx

Anonymous said...

Those new gardens look great and the roses are beautiful. Seems no time since last year's Show Week! Lots of love, Mum. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Mr. mouse looks a little cross in the pics, but gosh he's handsome!!
X em