Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Our builder stakes his claim!


Look! Our builder put his sign up on our land today. Pretty exciting. Mr B is talking with him about access, driveways, munching up the land with heavy equipment etc. I will really believe it is going to happen once the land gets dug up. Plus we are meeting with the kitchen people on Saturday. I wonder if they can make my Country Living kitchen?

I have to say thank you to all of the lovely people who have left me comments. I was so thrilled to get 8 today (and I had only written one myself). I am feeling pretty crappy with my awful ongoing headache, and my students were a bit of a challenge today. I don't usually write anything about them, but one of them was howling repeatedly for long periods (kind of like a scream- that loud) today. It is hard when they can't tell you what is wrong, and you have to just keep on running the class programme with the noise. Anyway, I love them all to bits, and a bit of screaming is hardly worth getting my knickers in a twist about. It is just that with one eye feeling like it is going to pop out of my head with pain, and feeling kind of sick at the same time, it is hard work. I love my evenings 'cause they are my creative time. I get disappointed when I can't do anything but do a bit of blogging and lie down. I've got another brilliant plan for a skirt (if I might say so myself). XXX

3 comments:

Gigibird said...

Poor you with your head....I am very sensitive to noise so howling is not something I could stand unless it came from my own mouth:)
Your skirt makes me want you to take it one step further and make an apron skirt. Please have a go - for me:):):)

Anonymous said...

Hi Babe...thanks for your email...liked all the descriptions...especially about the "midwife and the thicket"...very funny...you are right, no nudity for child birth...yuck!!
Skirt looks great...denim is a good background for most skirts. I now need to investigate what Gigibird means by an apron skirt...sounds interesting. No Dragon Balls yet...can't be far away.
Keep on trucking and buy ourself some Neurofen PLus...good for tension headaches.

Megxx

Poppy Black said...

Thanks for lovely comments. I had to google apron skirt, but it looks like I'll have to go it alone on that one. And believe me Gigibird - you put out the challenge and I'm going to give it a go. I think Al was wearing one when I saw her. Not sure how the front of the top part with go with a generous bust, but I've never seen a stick insect girl in one, so maybe the apron is ideal for the fuller figure.
I am "keeping on trucking" Meg. Had a good chat to two of my mentors at school today and got given plenty of chocolate fish to get me through the day. My head has stopped hurting. Nerves still rather fraught, but Dragon Balls will help. The anticipation is rather thrilling! XXX