Monday, April 28, 2008

Off to town

Not too pleased with my little camera as it ran out of batteries just when I should have had it to take photos on our trip into Motueka. Never mind. Mr B and I are planning another expedition to Nelson tomorrow, and we got some really good batteries. Usually I use rechargeables, but since we are on holiday I haven't got a charger. I've got my big camera, but it is too cumbersome to lug around. I did have a fungi hunting foray when we got home from town, but I wont bore you with the hundreds of shots of my discoveries. I realise that fungi don't exactly inspire most people!

Look who I found on Mum's computer.


Oh Miss Dog, you were so tiny once! I had long hair because I didn't want to go to the hairdresser. It almost came to my waist. I still have a tendency to take the scissors to it myself. Note how she is looking away. She was such a difficult baby. I thought a wee Labrador would be a delight to train, but there were times when I was ready to put an add in the paper. She is a delight now, but is still a gallumphing twit at times because she doesn't know her own strength.


Take a look at this sweet wee thing. Daisy Dog, as small as the cats. Daisy was the (dare I say it) runt of her litter. She was much littler than her bonny brothers and sisters. She is still quite small compared to Miss Dog. Daisy was a much easier baby than Miss Dog. She does tend to pretend that her ears are strictly for decoration, and loves to roll in found smelling things. Miss Dog's coat is quite coarse along her back, but Daisy's feels so soft.

Gosh I'm glad those baby days are over! XXX

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing more gorgeous than a labrador puppy with all that loose skin. I have to agree though, I LOVED Stellar (Pooh) as a puppy but now she is my best friend and my most loved thing in the world (apart from family...well, she IS family). Looking forward to our shopping expedition tomorrow...tell MR PB to polish his credit card!! Megxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog, wonderful to see photos from home, also loved the piece you wrote about Poppy. Love to you and to everyone, M and D xxxxxxxxx