Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Musings





Yes, here it goes, the new Muse album. It came with a DVD of their amazing performance at Wembly Stadium. Guess what has been blasting from our television for much of the evening (with me blasting along with the vocals despite hardly knowing a word).

I've been reading:






I have been an avid reader of Country Living since I worked in a book shop and used to get the out-of-date magazines once the covers had been ripped off for sending back to the supplier. I was a very innocent 18 year old when I first ripped the cover off an adult entertainment magazine and was exposed to exposed ladies (and men) for the first time. On to better, and prettier things, I love the raspberry pinks with the interesting green of the enamel jug on the cover of Country Living February. The New Zealand Gardener dared to present its face in gaudy orange makeup. I almost didn't buy it, but the inside was well worth the trauma.




Look what Alison from So Tread Softly gave me! It is so beautifully made. You must have a look at her website shop. She is planning to get stuck in and update it once the latest craft fair is over. She uses wonderful natural and vintage fabrics. This is going on my chocolate brown coat. It is quite a generous size so will look fabulous. Miss Ruby Two Shoes was wondering about my other So Tread Softly brooches. The fabric circles are made using a traditional technique and are called Suffolk puffs. They are sometimes used to make quilts. Alison sells them on her website, so everyone should get over there and buy one! Let's have a Suffolk puff revolution!

Remember this? I am working on the border of my first ever quilt. I did some cutting tonight after finding this pretty fabric in subtle colours.


I also found these. They are very fine cotton. The photo is awful due to an intept photographer (me). The one on the right is so Cath Kidston I feel like I am visiting her shop when I look at it. The other one reminds me of Pride and Prejudice. Can't decide what to do with them. They would make good hankies. Too nice to blow my snout on, but I would get to look at them every time I got a runny nose.

Finally I'd like to share Miss Dog with you.

She is eating MY pear. I was trying to be arty and include the pear in one of my photos. She helped herself when I was mucking around trying to focus. Lucky for me (and her) I had another one.

I am so excited about the Easter break. Jim arrives tomorrow. Then on Saturday Meg, Cam and Ryan arrive. Our wee house will be bulging at the seams with celebrating siblings. Just celebrating being together. I love my family! XXXXX

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI babes...yay...Easter is here. I am already thinking about packing my suitcase! Love the fabrics and isn't the fruit stealing a typical labrador trait!! Ryan is keen to get Muse as well, in fact he looked in the Warehouse after work so we had to fight the masses of bogans buying 1kg nasty cheap Easter eggs, sadly the version he wanted wasn't in.
I am going to make a Suffolk puff!! My task for tomorrow...won't be anywhere as tidy as the ones TreadSoftly makes, I have looked at her online shop...lovely! Very inspiring. See you Saturday!!

Sal said...

I also love the music of Muse!
My daughter used to watch them at The Cavern Club in Exeter when they were not so famous..she knew them well!
It's always nice to visit your blog;-)Sal

Stella said...

Enjoy your Easter Fiona, Sx

Mary said...

Hi Poppy - just stopping by via Alison. Loved reading back through your great blog - super pics of beautiful places, cute animals, and learning about your interesting life in NZ. I'm English but have lived in the USA 45 years - still have to visit NZ, it looks beautiful there.

Will return here for more soon - meanwhile stop by and visit me when you have time. I see you also correspond with Sal - I grew up just a few miles from her home in Devon.

Have a fabulous week.
Mary - ACROSS THE POND