Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Fun (Mostly)



First the bad bit. Monty has been sick. He got dreadfully constipated and had to be sedated to have an enema. I took him back for a follow up and he still wasn't going poo normally. More medicine. Then I got really worried. I took him back today and it was really traumatic for us both. He had his poor little botty probed then he had a blood test (another shaved patch). That showed an elevated white cell count, so he is taking antibiotics. Plus he has mucked up chemical levels, one of which could possibly indicate a tumor. Dr Geoff says the other figures indicate severe gastroenteritis, so he will continue to treat for that and we will consider the other dreadful possibility once his tummy is sorted. He came home after a day in hospital and scratched the old couch thoroughly, so he must be feeling a bit better. He is cuddled up on my knee. I am sooooooooo worried about him. When you don't have children your pets can become incredibly central to your life. If I was a witch he would be my familiar.


We did have a fabulous holiday break with the family. There were no Easter eggs to be found in the shops, except for the ones that should be ashamed to call themselves chocolate. Never mind, I had plenty in the lead up, and Meg brought a few with her. I can't wait to build the new house because it felt incredibly crowded with four large lads lounging about, and only one bathroom.
We took everyone out to the ranch for a look. Here are my brothers sitting on our new fence. Trust them.

That's Cam on the left and Jim on the right. They are twins.


Here I am with Mr B. I got these jeans with a very flat, fitted tummy so that I can wear them under dresses. I shouldn't whine, but I have really piled on the weight lately. I love eating. Damn it.


Meg and I are checking out the plans. They are covered in coffee stains due to an unfortunate dog and brother related incident, which also involved my unfinished quilt. Quoting myself: "What were you doing putting coffee on the coffee table!!!!" I had to explain that what I meant was "What moron would put their coffee on the coffee table next to my pile of quilt pieces when the dog is around?????" Anyway, no real problem. Coffee stains are good for adding that special vintage touch. By the way, I finished piecing the top of my quilt. I hope to buy the batting and backing fabric tomorrow. Meg is my sister- do we look alike? No, not a lot, but we sound alike. Spooky.


Here is another lovely visitor to our land.

We all decided that we needed to go to the botanical gardens to have a photo of the four siblings on the rocking horse playground feature. We have a legendary photo from our childhood. Unfortunately the poor old horse was nowhere to be seen. Jim found a couple of friends.
Jim and his new best friend, Mr Dinosaur.
Jim and the Victorian fountain. I love that fountain. Well I did until I saw some of the other photos the boys took with side-on Jim and spouting water. Naughty lads.
What else did we do? I bought 3 pairs of much needed pants and a dress/tunic thingy to wear over them. I worked on quilting my NZ themed quilt. We watched several movies including Shooter with Mark Wahlburg (yum), Ben Stiller's The Heartbreak Kid (don't bother) and In the Land of Women (excellent girly movie, I thought). The boys went to The Smashing Pumpkins in concert and had an awesome time. The support act was Queens of the Stoneage- their lead singer, Josh, is one of the most beautiful men to walk the planet, in my opinion.
I was terribly sad to have everyone leave. It feels very quiet around here, and I don't want to go back to school tomorrow. But I will, of course. XXX

2 comments:

Mary said...

So sorry your sweet Monty is so poorly. I hope so much he makes a quick recovery. I did have kids but must admit my sweet kitty, who stayed with us 21 years, was also a VERY important member of our family! I understand how hard it is when one's pet is ill.

Looks like you had fun with your brothers though!

Anonymous said...

How is Monty doing? Is he managing to do poos better? I can still hear the noise that Oscar made when he had the pliers inserted into his poor old botty, enough to make anyone cringe! Love to all, Mum.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx