Friday, March 28, 2008

Monty Update


Great relief for Monty and me. An independent delivery in the dirt box today had everyone dancing with excitement. See, he is smiling! Monty says Dr. Geoff can keep away from his bottom from now on. Sorry Monty, Dr. Geoff loves to poke his thermometer where the sun doesn't shine, even though I suggested your armpit would be a more dignified option.

I've got a cold. I hate colds. I am greatly relieved to have resigned from Saturday morning orchestra for a while. I was overloaded with music to practise, and tired of getting up early on Saturday. I've still got my trio, and of course my lovely lessons with Jenny. It is easier to get enthusiastic about practising when I haven't got pages and pages of tricky orchestra music to plod through.

Tomorrow we are meeting with a prospective builder for our house. He is showing us several houses that he has built, including one that he just finished. We will be able to have a look inside that one. I'll report back soon!

I'm going to work on my native bush quilt shortly. I am quilting it at the moment. It is just small, about 1m x 75cm. I am using my common sense as I haven't actually been taught how to do it. I got some lovely cream fabric for the back of my traditional quilt so once that has been prewashed I can pin the layers together and get stuck into quilting that one. I have a plan to make 6 chair cushions for my dining chairs in faded vintage shades, plus my Cath Kidston inspired pair of quilts for Meg and I. Busy, busy!!! XXX

1 comment:

Ally Jay said...

Poor Monty. I don't blame him for not being too keen on the V-E-T. They really should learn where to put their instruments.