I have hit one of my lows, which makes everything so much harder. Feels like my gumboots (wellies) are stuck in the mud and I am struggling to get out. However, there are a few bright spots, one of which is cherry season, and I am indulging frequently (including right now). Today I have a mixture of deep red and yellow cherries (with a blush of vermillion). They don't taste a lot different, although the deep red ones have more depth of flavour, so I have to say I prefer them. I like my cherries to be fat, juicy with a crunch when you bite them. I know the Mother in Law likes them that way too. By the way, we loved having her to stay. It was very helpful having back up when keeping Mr B behaving himself, and for going into pretty shops. Anyway, other happy things:
- The lovely Jane Brocket, famous author, wrote me a reply to a comment I made on her blog. You must check out her blog and her book ( pictured above). Her blog is Yarnstorm.
- Ooooh, I made my first link!
- We have the first three series of MASH on DVD. We are addicted. It takes us back to our childhood.
- I successfully made meringues. I've done it before, but not for a while. They were utterly delicious. Crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle. Yum!
- Pebbles. You can't go wrong with a wee box of those.
- Miss Dog's coat is so shiny and beautiful I just love looking at her. She is the blackest, black imaginable. Her ears are like soft, thick velvet. I love to kiss them.
- Check out my embroidery threads. I've been working on the wee hearts while watching MASH. The colours make me so excited. I have to sew up the hearts later. I have recipients for two of them. Special people!
- I am having a wonderful time working on a birthday present for my very special friend, Mrs Canterbury Tales. No, Mrs CT, I'm not telling you what it is!!!!!
- Watermelon and corn season are coming up. Both are hard to eat with braces, but I am sure I will manage.