Sunday, November 11, 2007

Salad Season


We took a drive out to visit our section on Saturday. They have ploughed it up and flattened the huge pile of earth at one end. I guess they will be putting grass in soon. We were excited to see they have planted some lovely big flowering cherry trees along the grass verge around the cul de sac.
I am pleased to say that it is salad season. I am tired of my flabby tum, so am going to try very hard to shrink it somehow. Asparagus is in season now. I like it raw in a salad, or soggy as anything in asparagus rolls. I love sprinkling a few capers into salads too. Yummy, salty little morsels.
I am off now. Feeling a bit yuck. Will write again when it passes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a lovely way for us to keep track of the building of your love nest.
I love salads as well. We've been cutting our home grown lettuce for three weeks now. The raised veg beds are looking fabulous. I like salads with roasted pinenuts or blue cheese and grapes. Mmmmm!
As you have no doubt gathered, I am way behind on emails again. Hoping that you'll forgive me. I'm much better on the phone!
Love Al x

Victoria said...

yah! salad season is the best, I too am watching the waist line, and I am proud to say, its on the decline. Hope you are feeling better,cheers Victoria