Sunday, October 21, 2007

Labouring at Labour Weekend



Well, I did dream I had a baby last night. I think it belonged to my sister, but I seemed to have taken quite a shine to it. The only babies I have are my students and my furry ones. You can see my delicious rabbit Merlin in the photo. He is a fine specimen of a rabbit, although is getting a bit old and shaggy now. I got him as an adult a very long time ago.
About the Labour weekend hard work. We started the massive tidy up in the back yard. Can you believe I have never used the lawn mower before? When John gave me a turn today it stalled after about two metres due to the rampant grass growth. We also went shopping (well, looking) for furniture for our new
 house. We tested out heaps of couches. We discovered only the most expensive couches
 meet the
expectations of our pampered backsides. Actually, long-suffering backsides. Hopefully I will have more to report about weekend activities tomorrow.

4 comments:

Poppy Black said...

Grr- missing some words again!

Dogs cats and daffodils said...

Doesn't matter, it was easy enough to read. Lovely photo of you and Merlin, and the weather looks good too. It was very windy here. xxxxxxxxxxxyou.

Gigibird said...

Lovely bunny. Who needs a baby when you have him to cuddle?

CarolineCrafty said...

Hey you guys - I can't believe how long it's been since we were visiting you! But now you've been on holiday and brought a section - which looks amazing by the way. I'm finishing work at the end of this week so will get onto your jacket and send your books back very soon - promise. Shaun is going to do a Diploma in Photography here at Massey next year part time - we're both very excited, he'll be great. Keep up the good blogging Xxxxxx.