Thursday, October 4, 2007

Cheesecake and more of Australia





Gosh what a busy week. Monday came home. Tuesday house meeting and tea at Ngaira's house. Wednesday paid deposit for land. Now poor again. Tea at Tony, Claire and Millie's house. Millie 12 weeks and just delightful. Thursday, lunch with Maddie and Nikki and tea saying goodbye to Jim. John is off to his grandad's funeral at 8pm tonight and is back on Saturday. He is all stressy so I am trying not to pick up his vibes. I am baking a low fat fruit salad cheesecake for tea from Ngaira's cookbook. Looks ok. I have never made one before.
Still haven't worked out why my pictures only go in at the top! You can see the big crocodile being fed in the show at Australia Zoo. Pretty impressive, although would have been quite interesting if he had eaten the man :)
Then I put in the cake called "Red Velvet" which looked more delicious than it tasted. The cake was so red I am probably going to grow an extra limb from all of the chemicals. The stuff on top was allegedly cream cheese icing.
I loved the tortoise. Last year the other Galapagos Tortoise that lived at the zoo died at the age of about 180. Amazing. It was collected by Charles Darwin. 
The final picture is me in the big tank at the aquarium. It made me feel sick because of the distorted glass. I look happy enough in this picture!

5 comments:

Poppy Black said...

Apologies for errors at bottom of entry. I said the tortoise was collected by Charles Darwin. If I try to edit the entry I get into a bigger mess. Maybe blogger needs the boot! Or maybe I am a technological moron.

Anonymous said...

Yay for pressies..the most glorious bounty of Cherry Ripe delight..wow...that si so exciting...plus peppermint Australian choccy...will it be as good as ours??
Plus, the most exquisite embroidered pouch to keep my jewels in...what a wonderful end of the week surprise!! (almost as good as coming with you!!) Thank you so much Poppy Black and Mrs Poppy Black...we love youXX

Anonymous said...

woops..that was meant to say thanks to Poppy Back and MR Poppy Black, not sure John would want to be a Mrsxxx

Anonymous said...

man...dodgy typing fingers..won't bother trying to correct my mistakes again...you know what I mean Poopy Crackxx

Gigibird said...

Those red cakes do have a lot of red in them....can't remember which blog ( I will go trawling through some of the food blogs I read)but they were making them and I thought then - looks great but I bet it don't taste that good...