Monday, September 10, 2007

Look what I found


Sorry about the photo. The light was a bit of a challenge because we have those ecobulbs which sadly cast a sinister glow over pretty things. Today I had afternoon tea with my friend Paula. We went to Memories Quilt and Coffee which is a really lovely coffee shop at the end of Papanui Road. They have quilts on the walls and quilting supplies. They have a larger collection of American styled fabrics than English (which I prefer), but I found some goodies. The cups were dainty and my hot chocolate was delicious. It was lovely to have a ladies afternoon tea after the events of the school day. I can happily report that I removed the stickers off the fabric when I got home (as suggested by Barbara). Now I can start planning my next project. I have to get the border fabric for my couch quilt. Can't wait to see what I can find. I did have a very interesting day at school, but this is not going to be a school blog. Best luck to Paula who is moving house on Friday!

2 comments:

Gigibird said...

Have a look at Tree Fall and the way she uses patterned fabric - it may inspire you to think about quilting slightly differently.

Gigibird said...

http://www.treefalldesign.typepad.com/
There is a lot of baby talk but if you can get through that the things she makes are lovely.