Sunday, September 9, 2007

W.I.P. and a Busy Weekend



Take a look at my first ever quilt. Thank you to Barbara and Caroline for the assistance getting started, John for buying me my lovely sewing machine, andMrs So Tread Softly (making a link is a mystery- sorry Al) for inspiration. I sewed all of the 8 inch squares together today. It is going to be an along the back of the couch sized quilt. Easily managed for a beginner. I have had a social weekend too. Believe it or not we had 
visitors for tea last night. I 
pasta and made a salad. It was very special friends so not at all stressful. Today I had morning tea
with my friend Leah and Barbara came for afternoon coffee as usual. I am sad the weekend is over
because I want to create!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made a great job of the joins, really accurate, and I love the colours, especially the lovely rose patterned squares. xxxxxxxx

Poppy Black said...

The rose squares are my favourites too. They came from Thimbles and Threads in Upper Hutt. Too far from here to get more. They might be all sold out too. A good excuse for a holiday to Wellington!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, thank you for the mention. The quilt looks FAB!