Monday, August 27, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Us

I had a busy time after school buying thirteen little presents for John to celebrate our 13th anniversary. My favourite find was a hanging basket of pansies with great big happy faces. I promise to post a picture once they are enthusiastically flowering. I got him a variety of treats that I know he likes. I would have to say being married to me has probably been more of a challenge for John than it has been for me. He is very placid and calm compared to my highly strung personality.





I am thinking back to our wedding day. We were so young! Spring is officially here in September, but the weather was divine. The sun was shining and the blossom trees were out. I wore a beautiful cream silk dress based on one I found in English Country Living- still my favourite magazine.

Thirteen years on we have a little family, although not in the usual sense. Here is Miss Dog being a ferocious opponent during a gardening session. You should hear the growling!


And here are the terrible two relaxing together by the fire. It is unusual to see them together like this because Miss Dog can't resist playing with Monty. He bites her eyebrows in revenge.


Have a lovely week! I have plans to make a bag. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

juniorwashbourn said...

Well done, my girl...have you seen mine? And Happy Anniversary to the pair of you...not sure that life with you would be a challenge though - more it would make for an interesting life!!! Anyway well done on the blog :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Poppy Black! The blog is looking great. Fabulous banner photo.
Welcome to the world of blogging! It's a huge amount of fun!

Anonymous said...

HI Babe (Poppy Black)...love the Blog...I am inspired to start my own!!
I love the ease of reading it...some Blogs are so jumbled with crazy writing and horrible flashing backgrounds...I like yours very much (especially since the blue is the same colour as our spare room). Very cute photo of Poppy doing some flax wrangling...she is just like Dougass.
Happy Anniversary...I remember how gorgeous you were and how handsome John looked and how I cried cause the hairdresser butchered my hair but I wasn't really crying about the hair, I was crying about you getting married and I had no idea why that made me cry..but it did! I
I am very proud of you and John and love you both dearly!
Love MegXX

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary - it was a lovely day! I remember how awful the weather was for the week following, it was as if the sun shone just for you! And how beautiful you were and John so handsome. Lovely photos of Poppy and Monty, Daisy had Stellar to visit today and they had fun chasing the Frisbee in the paddock. Of course they had to make a sprint for the creek and get soaking wet twice! I might go out to the daffy patch tonight, the first visit by torchlight this spring. The sky looks threatening, I have a lot covered but nothing outstanding yet. We turned on the fridge today. Love the blog, lots of love, Mum. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx