Friday, January 4, 2013

Conquering the garden

I love to start the day with a cup of tea. During term time I haven't got time to sit down and enjoy a tea  before leaving home, but at the moment I've can sit down and take my time. Look at this great new gadget I got for Christmas:
 It is a teabag squeezer, so now I can give the teabag a good squeeze when I fish it out of the cup. I got a lovely new cup too. Thanks Mum!
 This arrived in the mail yesterday.
 It isn't a traditional cookbook as it has the story of traveling to Marrakesh, which is very interesting. I would like some photos to go with the recipes, but as the recipes seem to be easy to follow I guess you couldn't go too far wrong.

I spent most of the afternoon weeding today. My loyal animal companions assisted by keeping a close eye on proceedings.
 I managed to pull out quite a few weeds!
I cleared the weeds in the incredibly dry herb garden, and Johnny repaired the broken watering system, which means I can get some more herbs to tuck in among the survivors. Sage seems to be very happy in desert conditions, as it is looking vigorous compared to everything else. There was a lot of ripping, hacking and slashing in the garden today. I also planted some more basil and some cauliflowers to fill a gap. I love cauliflower. Mmm. Cauliflower cheese.

Well, not much excitement around here. And I'm loving it.


1 comment:

Gigibird said...

I'm pleased to see Miss Dog found a nice shaded area to 'supervise'
Our sage became such a thug it had to go in the end...thrives on neglect....
Happy New Year