Monday, August 13, 2012

41

Yes, I have hit the grand age of 41, which in times past would have been positively ancient. Judging how tired I am, clearly I'm getting a bit past it. So just a quick bloggy note before heading for the nest.

I feel very fortunate to have such a wonderful family and special friends who have helped me to enjoy my birthday. Of course Johnny did a remarkable job buying me presents. He even went to the effort of wrapping  everything up individually so that I could have fun unwrapping a stack of little parcels. Hopefully I will get home at a reasonable hour tomorrow so that I can take some photos.

So, hmmm. What are my big goals for this year in my life?

  • Finish the five quilts that I have partly made. 
  • Sew myself some clothes. 
  • Do lots of creating (balance out the thinking and doing).
  • Have LOTS of horse time and improve my skills in the equestrian field, mounted or otherwise. 
  • Sort out any garden areas not finished and expand my collection of interesting and pretty plants. 
  • Grow great sweetpeas and peas. 
  • Grow more pumpkins. In fact, grow more vegetables overall. 
  • Feed my garden with lots of poo and other goodies regularly.
  • Exercise several times a week. 
  • Read lots of books now I have my new glasses. 
  • Improve my photographic skills. Currently I point and shoot. 
  • Practise my music several times a week. 
  • Write. 
  • Continue to work on making my scrapbook. 
  • Learn how to sew stretch material. 
  • Celebrate my friends and family. 
  • Be tidier and more organised (don't laugh!). 
  • Celebrate each day and remember how important my job is. 
I can do those things! Now I just have to keep track and work out how to get there.  

2 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Anonymous said...

Great goals for the year ahead...hope you had a wonderful day yesterday and the year ahead is brillaint as well!!

Lots of love and hugs form Team Nelson xxxx