Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Gardening (aka Safer Outside)

Today the weather cleared so Miss Dog and I decided that being outside would be a sensible idea. Not much to see because the action involved seed planting and weeding, but I am very satisfied. Today I planted more garlic, lettuce plants and seeds, daikon radish (an experiment), beetroot, spinach and bok choy. I topped up the first of the new raised beds with lovely rich soil to make space. Lots of digging, and quite a few unhappy earthworms later and I felt very victorious. There was one big rumbly shake while we were outside. Miss Dog let out a barrage of barks to express her displeasure. I carried on digging.

Earlier today I decided to take Miss Dog for a stroll to see what we could see. A few headstones took a topple in the cemetery.
The pond has filled, which it didn't do at all last year. Some of the banks over at the nature reserve have crumbled, but there is very little evidence of earthquake activity.

The Ministry of Education have finally made up their minds to close all schools until Monday, after some ridiculous to-ing and fro-ing. Thankfully there is nothing else to report at this stage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you made the most of your day. Glad the big shake this morning didn't bother you too much.
Poor old Poppy, her nerves will be frayed.
Looking forward to bed tonight...tired...my lovey pillow is calling my name!!
Stay safe
Megxxxx