Sunday, January 27, 2008

Visiting






Meet Katie the dog and Andi the cat. Andi does look rather evil in this photo, but she is quite fond of me as I sometimes give her her dinner when we visit. She is good at hissing and growling, but her bark is worse than her bite. Katie, however, is amazingly ferocious when she thinks the safety of those she loves is at risk, and I wouldn't want to be on the other end of her big wolfie teeth when she gets upset. She loves me, so I am safe.

My lovely sister came on a brief stopover on her way to Wanaka for a conference thingy today, so we picked her up and had lunch at a lovely garden centre cafe called Terra Viva. I had the iced chocolate. I am thoroughly naughty and should be punished (probably will be with another roll on my tummy flab). She is coming to stay next Saturday night, on the way home, so I am thrilled about that! That will take my mind off the impending school start day. I am sad cause one of my brilliant teacher aides is going back to university, so I have to break in a new one. Or my students will break him or her in (hopefully not literally).

I love secret garden nooks and crannies, so I enjoy prowling around in Mrs CT's garden as there is a little path around the bottom. I discovered a patch of clover plants down there that always have four leafed clovers. Apparently the new Glasson's breast cancer range of t-shirts is out, and I always get one. This year there is a four leafed clover one, my sister tells me. So maybe this week I will have to pop in and see, plus get my hair cut, as that usually makes me happy.

Have a happy week everyone. I will be at school every day getting organised. We have teacher only day on Friday. XXX

Ps. Also making me happy- the latest Country Living magazine. Yes, Christmas is over, but I'm still excited to get the December edition.

No comments: