Monday, January 7, 2008

A nest of cats on holiday




Gosh I am hot! It is overcast and muggy, and Miss Dog and I just went for a big walk. We both have to try to overcome the excesses of Christmas eating. Today Mr B and I bought a lounge suite! It is chocolate leather and has a 2 and a 3 seater couch. It is being delivered later in the month, although we don't really need it until we move into our new house. Since we saved over $1000 we struck while the iron was hot. We also went to the library today. I got lots of great books, including some inspiring crafty ones. Fantastic.

I'm not full of inspired ideas today. Never mind. At least I can share the delicious nest of cats made up of Mummy Black's babies, Henry, Oscar and Lily. Lily has been very sick, so is looking rather dainty and fragile. Oscar was once my baby, but we took him to the farm on holiday and he wanted to stay. We couldn't bear to take him back to the city. He is Chocolate Lynx Spotted Oriental. Oscar has a remarkable personality, and has the most expressive voice of any cat I have met. Everyone loves Henry. He is just delicious. Henry and Lily are both seal point Siamese. So is Monty. I got Sasha for my birthday when I was about 10. He was our first Siamese, and was a chocolate point. He was our family's first introduction to the world of pedigree cats, and we have never looked back. They have such neat personalities, and are incredibly people centered. I love cats!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Babes...we are just back form our Anniversary (2 years...can you believe it)...we went to the Lone Star..managed restraint in only getting a 3/4 meal and no dessert (but we got a tub of Memphis meltdown big bickie icecream form the supermarket on the way home...woops), and we went to see I am Legend...R gave it a 10 out of 10...I am more of a 7.5...enjoyed it greatly, I think you guys would enjoy it!
We are going to watch Precilla Queen of the Desert now...fab movie.
Love you both...great news about the lounge suitexx

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Black, lovely to see my nest of cats featuring in your blog! Lily had her teeth done today, she is still a bit woozy tonight. It is so humid here, has been raining today. Glad your anniversary went well rubytwoshoes I would choose Pricilla Queen of the desert too!
Good news about the chocolate lounge suite. The nest of cats hasn't done any damage to ours. We like it very much. Love to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx