Thursday, January 3, 2008

Home again, home again, jig-a-jig-jig!






The travellers return! Not exactly victorious, as I wanted to stay forever, but managed not to cry as we drove away from the family farm. We had a fantastic time, saw lots of the relatives, received lovely presents (must take some photos for you) and had yummy food. My dear Miss Dog had a fantastic holiday with her friends Miss Poo and the Blonde Bimbo. Merlin had fun in his big run, and Monty basically relaxed in his usual fashion. Mr Black donned his movie making hat and tackled another particularly grotesque production with a variety of family members starring. I, myself, featured in the most hideous outfit and wig with a pair of spectacular painted on brown eyebrows. I gave it all for my death scene, ending up lying in the mud with my head in the creek, tomato pulp and fake blood dribbling over my denim pinafore (two sizes too small).

For my first holiday entry I have selected some photos from Sister Black's house (aka Ruby Two Shoes - blog under construction). She painted the very cool picture with the goat. I love her pink Olga Berg handbag, pictured against the wall of the blue room, which is so pretty. She also has an interesting Katie Gold vase which was a gift. Katie Gold lives in Upper Moutere near Nelson. She has a fantastic cottage garden. Her work sells for lots of money. I also spotted the gorgeous gollywog (no, I'm not going to be all P.C. - we grew up with hoards of gollywogs, thanks to Sister Black's obsession with them). I got this particular man as a surprise for my lovely sister when we were exploring in one of Nelson's antique shops last time we stayed with her. And most importantly, I have caught the delicious, velvet coated Miss Poo curled up on the couch. She is an absolute delight. No wonder my sister wants to take her ears to work with her so she can take them out of her purse to kiss whenever she needs a pick-me-up.


No comments: