Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Wedding of the Year!





Guess where I have been! Mr Black and I went to Whangamata for my brother's wedding. We flew up to Auckland, then picked up a rental car and drove to Whangamata, arriving about midnight on Friday night. On Saturday we went shopping and found a few goodies. I tried on two lovely pairs of shoes, but sadly my giant hooves didn't look graceful jammed into the pretty things. After lunch we got dressed for the big occasion. I wore red, which coincidentally fitted in beautifully with my brother's kilt. The wedding took place in a garden overlooking the beach, and was a gorgeous spot. The bridesmaids wore black long dresses, and the bride looked stunning in ivory with crystal beading, and delicious crystal buttons.
The reception was at the Whangamata hall, and the tables looked pretty with rose petals, glitter and calla lilies. There were masses of glasses by each place setting, and I thought we would never use them all, but believe me, we did. I discovered a liking for bubbly wine and danced up a storm even when no one else was dancing. The food was fabulous. I feel really hungry thinking about it. There was chicken, beef filet, salmon with a moroccan seasoning, new potatoes, asparagus, salad plus chocolate wedding cake and pavlovas for pudding. The bride and groom both looked so happy, and were really happy with how everything went. I was especially pleased that I made a wise choice of shoes and was still spinning and skipping late into the night. They were bridesmaid shoes from a previous wedding and were comfy even with heels. Mind you, if I had been wearing spiky stilettos the heels would have snapped off under the pressure of all that dancing.
On the Sunday we all staggered out of bed for breakfast at a local cafe. Sorry to admit that I felt rather seedy. I've never had a hangover before. I thought that they involved headaches, but I just needed some good stodgy food. We had a barbeque at the bride and groom's house, which is a great spot perched up high with a view of the sea. We had a great roast potato salad made with jacket potatoes and a yummy creamy dressing. Sadly we had to drive back to Auckland for the flight back to Christchurch after that. I miss my family and can't wait for Christmas!!!!!

No comments: