Friday, December 14, 2007

Disaster




Well, were you waiting for it? Got so sick today I had to restart my medicine. Thanks to Sister Black for getting me through, and Leah and Mrs Canterbury Tales for phone calls at the right time. The only time I have ever felt so nauseous was the unfortunate whale watching trip in Kaikoura when I got so seasick I had a panic attack. Coming right now. So now I know. At least I tried.

On a brighter note, here is my tiny little Christmas tree. It is about 40 cm high and stands on my blanket box in the living room. Barbara made the gorgous Christmas stockings. She is such an amazing needlewoman. I love the Father Christmas as his colours are so beautiful, and Barbara popped in Miss Dog, Merlin and a dear little bird. She knows I am mad about animals. I knew I was in trouble this morning when I couldn't stand the feeling of Monty pressing up against me, or Miss Dog's tail tapping me as she wagged. I'm going to give it another go in the New Year very, very slowly, with someone watching over me.

Did anyone else see the gorgeous 12 year old at Starship Hospital who has cancer and was given a Playstation, but donated it to the hospital because she wanted the other children to be able to have it too? Now that is the spirit of giving. Of course she got given masses of treats, which is just lovely. I wonder who I could launch a bit of Christmas spirit on to. I'll have to think about it.

Merry Christmas, my lovelies XXX

Ps. You should see the report I got from my amazing cello teacher! Even a 36 year old likes a great report. Thanks Jenny XXX

No comments: